Saturday, July 05, 2008

Rear Window-Photoshop Fun

Hey everyone, I hope you had a great 4th of July! The park near my beau's house had a fireworks show again this year (after a two year hiatus) so the good thing is that we can sit (or stand) in his backyard and see the whole show without having to fight for parking and wrestle the crowds! On top of the 'bombs bursting in air' we had a great bbq, thank you grandma Gloria and mama Alice, with hot dogs wrapped in bacon (a cholesterol watchers dream!) with steaks, potato salad, corn and beer (you didn't know that corn goes great with beer?)! It was a lot of fun!

So after a long night out I usually veg out in front of my computer the next day and that's exactly what I'm doing now. I had some pictures on my desktop, one of Drew Barrymore and one of Princess Grace Kelly (I watched Rear Window yesterday on TCM, I love G.K.'s style!) and thought I'd 'Drew Up' the Grace pic and try and recreate the antiqueness of it! So here's what I came up with:

Rear Window, Before & After:


Inspiration:


Like most photoshop stuff it wasn't that hard to do but took a little trial and error. Basically I just started off with the Grace Kelly photo and changed the opacity (in the layers palette) to around 60% and added a frame picture in the background (probably should have put it first) and lightened it and changed erased the harsh edges and then added some burns and scratches around the edges (with my selections from the brush palette) and again erased any harsh areas and spots around the subjects faces. Tada!

The burn and scratch brushes were downloaded from Deviant Art members: Lailomeiel & Chain. I *Heart* DeviantArt!

P.S. Did I mention that tomorrow is my birthday?!!

No comments: